Shadow box cards

0 11 Comments

So, I have some cards that I had a blast making! They were so fun, and frustrating at the same time! Here, take a look!

Aren’t they adorable? They are made from toilet paper tubes, create a shade pearl paint, white cardstock, ink (of course), pieces of flip flaps, book covers, and the string from one of the pajama sets that KC received at Christmas!

I have to say, too, that these cards were inspired by this card made by Betsy Veldman:

{image clickable}

Isn’t it adorable??

I wanted to use the part that I cut out, so I covered the ‘back’ side of the little tag with some kraft book cover that my kids decided they didn’t want to use for their textbooks, so that a little note could be written. The butterfly and flowers are on one set, that is a retired set. However, the woodgrain stamp is a new stamp! It comes in a set of 4 different background type stamps. It’s wonderful!!

But, I think they turned out fantastic!! I hope the ladies that are getting them will like them a lot!!

These little cards qualify for the following challenges:

Heart 2 Heart Challenge, so I am linking up there! Their challenge this week is to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

4 Crafty Chicks. They have an inspiration photo this week, it’s full of purple flowers. So, the purple in the butterfly and the flowers in the background both pull from the photo!

I hope you are having a fantastic Monday! This is the first day back to school for the kids, so lets hope they had a good day too!

~Michelle

Share: Facebook Pinterest Linkedin Tweet
Categories:

11 thoughts on “Shadow box cards”

1. Jean Johnson says:

these are so cute! what a great idea!

1. Michelle says:

Thanks so much!!

2. Karen Day says:

I thought you wrote that you’d used flip-flops to make these…so I was looking really closely at your project to figure out how the heck you’d used flip flops to make them?? Duh… then I re-read your description and figured it out :o) Really cute little 3D cards – thanks for playing along at H2H this week!

1. Michelle says:

LOL Karen!! My (gma) upline keeps calling them flip flops! Great little things, even if you don’t use them for what they are actually for!! {tehehehehe}

3. Karen Day says:

I thought you wrote that you’d used flip-flops to make these…so I was looking really closely at your project to figure out how the heck you’d used flip flops to make them?? Duh… then I re-read your description and figured it out, Really cute little 3D cards – thanks for playing along at H2H this week!

4. Lorrinda says:

OMG these are so cute! These are TP tubes???? Seriously? How creative! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at H2H!

1. Michelle says:

They are! They are the ones that are more grey than brown. I put two coats of CTMH’s create a shade pearl paint (with no ‘shade’) and it made it look really silvery! I used the cut outs on the front for the tags on the back, just because if they are cards, there needs to be a spot to write on! 🙂

5. Melinda Everitt says:

Now you really recycled and used all parts – nothing was thrown out in this project! And you made the cutest cards I have ever seen! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

1. Michelle says:

Awww thanks Melinda! I’m glad that you liked them!

6. This is a lovely idea and they look beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

7. Lisa Stenz says:

What a fantastic project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at H2H this week! *Ü*